Monday, November 22, 2010

My Workout Went Much Better Today

Whew. I was really worried Friday when I did a 12 minute mile. However I was back! I ran a 9:47 minute mile. Now I know that doesn't blow anyone away but for me it's fantastic. The weather was really beautiful. I was able to run in lights pants and a long sleeve T-shirt instead of being all bundled up.  It's sad to think that by the end of the week I'll be freezing again.

One thing I believe I will be changing with my routine is stretching. I use to stretch before and after my runs between baby 1 and baby 2 but for some reason I just haven't started again. I think I'll feel better and be a touch quicker if I do. I'll let you know if it works.

OK with that all being said I'm going to get on my soap box for a quick minute.  Let's talk track etiquette.  I run with my daughter in a stroller. I'm sure lot's of people could complain about that however, I do try to stay to the right and not hold anyone up. There are two groups on the track when I go who do not try and it drives me crazy. The track is really just big enough to walk 3 wide. It has a sloping hill on both sides and for about a third of the track their is a chain fence on one side making it very tight. I really don't believe people should walk in groups bigger than 2. That leaves room for someone to pass.

There are two groups who constantly walk 3 to 4 wide. I had to stop running Friday behind one group before I was able to get around them. Today the 4 wide group even had 2 medium size dogs in their pack. I mean really people. Can we not share the track just alittle? Oh well. Enough said for the moment. Just wanted to get that off my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment on any post you find interesting.